... but I stopped. Now I'm a dad, and may blog again...

Friday, January 14, 2011

176: ..................................................

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!  To paraphrase George Orwell, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.  I’ll leave it at that, and get on with it; no specifics, but I’ve got the ARGH out so that should do for now.  I realise that last sentence has been both cryptic and illiterate and blah blah etc.  Right, where was I?

I was in the middle of trying to put off doing any writing today.  I could sleep for a week, and I could do with a bottle of whisky.  I walked into the kitchen before and felt a strange comforting feeling of being at home.  Of course I am at home, but I’d like to be spending more time here. Twelve hours a day behind a till, and no time to relax in the kitchen, or sit in front of the laptop in the office, or drinking in the pub with friends I never see anymore.  As it is I’m just going to finish watching Al Murray: The Pub Landlord.  This blog is like an annoying distracting chatterbox; I’m just trying to watch the telly and fall asleep, but this twittering little twat just keeps going on and on, clambering for my attention.  Well I can’t be doing with that.

Want to read something better that today’s half-arsed shit?
Only religious thugs love blasphemy laws – Blasphemy is not the protector of religious freedom, as the UN maintains, but its mortal enemy, by Nick Cohen
That’s my recommendation for the day.  I’m sure there must be other things to read on the internet, but I can’t point you to any; I’ve not read the whole thing yet.  There is a lot of internet out there.  Maybe even too much for one person to read, even if you don’t include all the comments left by racists, homophobes, and all the other idiots filling the internet with their unpleasant brain shit.  You wouldn’t catch me doing that.  All of my writings are well thought out, intelligent and serve a greater purpose.  You’ll need to follow the blog for the next 20 or 30 years in order to understand what that purpose is , and blah blah baa baa.

I’ve had all I can take and no doubt you have too.  It’s just one of those days where I am brain dead, depressed and tired, and unfortunately as a minimum wage scumbag I have no leeway to complain about anything; I am entirely disposable, and my boss wants me to know it.  Minimum wage and the legal minimum of breaks (20 minutes in 11 hours) says only one thing; I am not valued.  Oops, I’m talking about work...

No comments: