... but I stopped. Now I'm a dad, and may blog again...

Thursday, November 03, 2011

444: this

I'm writing furiously to meet my daily wordcount target for National Novel Writing Month. Yesterday I was just under the target and if I continued at that rate I wouldn't reach my 50,000 word target until 3rd December. That would be a big fat fail as far as being able to call myself a NaNoWriMo winner, but of course I'd still have written the 50,000 words. I want to be a winner, and today I have started to get into the flow. At this rate it's going to be a doddle, and I'm going to become an insanely prolific writer (that's the plan). My flow on the novel has broken off momentarily, but I have switched the window and continued writing this blog. It'll keep me away from all those lovely documentaries on iPlayer.

My fiancee was watching Disney's Jungle Book DVD in the other room. I suspect she may have drifted off in there because the movie is over, and a small bit of Ooh-be-do, I wanna walk like you, talk like you is playing over and over, looping infinitely over the menu screen and driving me to despair. It's quite apt at the moment, as a scene I was writing yesterday involves a mother driving a car with two young kids in the back, and being forced to listen to the kids music over and over just to keep them happy. I imagine that it's a piece of piss raising kids, I don't know what all the fuss is about, but I think I'd struggle with the catchy, crappy childish tunes that take over a parents world. It'll be earplugs or knitting needles in the auditory canals for me; whichever is cheapest.

I'm starting to get into the stride of it, and have already written almost twice the amount yesterday.

....

All the above was written on Wednesday but I forgot to post it. It is now Thursday, and I have yet to commence today's epic novel writing session. I think I left my house keys at work, and must hope they are found by a decent chap who hands them in. Unless I have lost them on the bus the who knows if I'll ever see them again. Fingers crossed.

This post is at an end.

No comments: